If you want to create a more dramatic and open look for your eyes by using an eyelash curler, a wise thing to do is to find out which curlers have been best rated and reviewed by both make up artists and consumers.
To help you on your search, we narrowed the choice of curlers down to the 3 top selling eyelash curlers on the market, based on consumers highest ratings and reviews (see below).
Why and how to use an eyelash curler
If you were not born with long and thick eyelashes, like most of us, but still want to create that bright, open and beautiful look like you see in glamour magazines without wearing false eyelashes which often only leads to frustration, try an eyelash curler. Don’t be intimidated by using the curler, they all come with instructions. It’s easy and once you know how to use either the heated, electric or regular eyelash curler, it’s only a matter of seconds before you look in the mirror and see yourself with bigger eyes and a brighter look that lasts the whole day.
Advantages of using the best heated, electric or regular eyelash curler
Using a curler for your eyelashes to create a more open and bright look for your eyes, is highly effective because this device is turning the rather straight eyelashes into beautifully curved lashes, upward and away from the eyes. By lifting the lashes, they seem longer and your eyes look wider and more open. All of the curlers are designed to do the same job, curling the lashes, but the way they are designed and work are different. There are many brands on the market such as tweezerman eyelash curler, shu eyelash curler, shiseido eyelash curler, panasonic eyelash curler and japonesque eyelash curler. Some more expensive than others and made of different material, some are heated, electric of regular so there’s a slightly different way how to use these curlers.
Though the majority of the consumers who reviewed the eyelash curlers are enthousiastic about the products, there are some complaints you should take into consideration.
Things to pay attention to when buying an eyelash curler
Some of the complains of customers who bought and reviewed the curlers were the following:
- the cusions of the curlers wear out too soon
- the heated eyelash curler is too hot and can burn the eyelid
- when wearing mascara before using the curlers, the lashes keep sticking onto the device and get pulled out by the root
- the curling of the lashes does not last the whole day as promissed
- price is too high for the lifetime of the curler
- difficult to find replacement patches / cusions for the Shu Uemura ( so not good for the wallet because you have to buy a brand new one and not good for going green)
- the cheaper devices tend to be more painfull when using the device
- the plastic curlers for the lashes break down easily
Top 3 best eyelash curlers by reviews and rating
It’s not difficult to find reviews on eyelash curlers, on the biggest online shops, Amazon.com, you can read many reviews from customers who bought, tried, reviewed and rated the curlers.
1 Shiseido The Makeup Eyelash Curler
This curler gets a high rating from consumers. The shiseido eyelash curler comes with an extra filling and when finished those, it’s easy to find replacements. The curler is shaped for every eye but even more ideally for asian shaped eyes.
Other features consumers raved about are the following:
- the curl in the lashes stay the whole day
- the clamp which is longer and a bit flatter can reach the corner lashes better than a traditional clamp curler
- comes with an extra pair of pads and replacement pads are available
- people with long lashes say the clamp of this curler reaches all the lashes at ones and is therefor very easy to use
- people with short and flat lashes say the curler does a great job in making their lashes curl and creating a more open look
- the curler for eyelashes works even better when you firtst heat it with a blowdrier
2 Panasonic Heated Eyelash Curler
Although heated eyelash curlers are not the most reliable products in the world there are a few that have quite a bit of positive reviews Among the heated curlers, The Panasonic Heated Eyelash Curler gets the best reviews and is top rated by consumers. The heat indicator is useful for letting the user know when it’s ready to use and the because it comes with a comb which is heated, it naturally separates the lashes. It is safe and easy to use and you can put on mascara before using the curler because it won’t stick to the lashes.
Some of the other benefits of this Panasonic heated curler according to consumer reviews are the following:
- it’s reasonably prized so great value for money
- you can use it after putting on mascara – very easy to use
- it takes less than a minute to heat up and than it’s only a matter of seconds to create the perfect curl in your lashes
- works on batteries so you can use it everywere
- it’s light weighted and travel friendly
- It does not tear out your eyelashes – the heated comb is a big plus on this device
3 Japonesque Go Curl Pocket Curler
This little curler was rated highly by consumers and some of the features are that is creates a dramatic look and a long lasting curl. It comes with an extra pad.
In a lot of customers reviews we red the following:
- it’s very compact so easy to carry
- if your lashes are short, this is the perfect device to curl your lashes, works better than the regular metal once
- it works painless and doesn’t pull your lashes out
- it comes with an extra pad
- it’s easy to place the clamp at the root of the lashes in comparrison with othes eyelash curlers.