Finish nailers have risen in popularity over recent years as workers in the construction industry look for ways to cut down on Labor costs. If you’re in the market for a new professional nail finisher or are tired of the time it takes to use a regular hammer and nail then you’re in luck. Below I’ve detailed the best 3 nail finishers are voted by consumers on the Amazon.com marketplace.
What is a nail finisher?
A nail finisher is typically a nail gun powered by compressed air and used mainly for carpentry work. They use specific sized nails depending on the model, which are aligned in strips and loaded into a magazine which then connects to the nailer. An automatic hammer mechanism drives the nails with force and precision and is perfect for installing trim and crown mouldings quickly. Finish nailer’s can either come cordless or with a cord however you will probably pay extra for the cordless models.
How they save you money
A finish nailer will save you money in the long term whether you’re a professional in the construction industry or D.I.Y enthusiast. How do you value your time? If you’re a construction worker, what is your hourly rate? A finish nailer will allow you to complete any type of carpentry work in just a fraction of the time it would take you using a traditional hammer and nails. No longer do you have to create pivot holes. No longer do you have to line up the nail and hit it twice. No longer do you have to stop and reach into your nail bag. If you’re a business owner, investing in these air powered finish nailer’s will significantly reduce your Labor costs, guaranteed.
Best 3 finish nailer’s according to consumer ratings and reviews
Getting information about a product from a local store or the manufacturer is one thing, but hearing real reviews from real people in the construction industry is a sure fire way to identify those tools which are considered superior. As such, I’ve headed over to Amazon.com and picked the best 3 nailer’s as judged by real consumers and detailed the pros and cons of each one below.
1. Bostitch N62FNK-2 15-Gauge 1-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch Angled Finish Nailer
The Bostitch is the most popular nail finisher stocked by Amazon.com with 66 reviews and an average of 4/5 stars. It’s a cordless, lightweight, angled unit which comes with 2 nail magazines.
– Oil free engine which means no oil on your finished work
– Comes with a 7 year warranty
– Reviewers found it to be jam-free, even after hundreds of nails
– Weighs under 4 pounds so is extremely light weight and can be used for extended periods of time
– Tool free removable magazine which comes with adjustable depth control
– One reviewer found that it only shoots Stanley nails
– Removable magazines are plastic and thus may not have longevity
2. DEWALT D51276K 1-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch 15-Gauge Angled Finish Nailer
The Dewalt is the highest rated nail finisher on the market today with an average of 5/5 stars from 11 reviews. It has an operating pressure of 70-120 PSI and comes with a protective carry case. Like the Bostitch it’s a 15 gauge nailer but weighs 10.6 pounds, making it slightly heavier.
– Ability to run the engine with oil or oil free
– One reviewer found it to have a smoother action than the Bostitch
– Features a 360 degree exhaust and an adjustable belt strap
– Two reviewers have yet to experience jams after extensive use
– At 10.6 pounds you’ll definitely feel it on your tool belt
– Will only shoot one nail at a time if you slam the nail bolt forward
– One reviewer found the recommended nails are prone to jamming
3. Hitachi NT65MA2 15 Gauge 1-1/4-Inch to 2 1/2-Inch Angled Finish Nailer
The Hitatchi is the most reviewed nail finisher over on Amazon with a huge 74 reviews and an average of 5/5 stars. It’s a cordless unit which comes with a 5 year warranty and has a nail capacity of 100. It is currently sold by private sellers on Amazon so you need to be quick with purchasing before they run all run out. At the time of writing, only 1 is available.
– Perfect for working overhead as it’s only 4.2 pounds
– Most reviews found it to have very minimal recoil
– One reviewer has run the unit for over 5 years and finds the balance to still be the best on the market
– Comes with a protective carry case
– It’s a littler louder than the other models so ear protection should be considered for extended usage
– The rubber nose has been known to leave markings
– The nailer will still fire after the nails run out
Well there you have it, the 3 best finish nailer’s on the market today. Whether you’re in the construction industry or a D.I.Y enthusiast, there’s no doubting that buying the correct nailer for your needs is going to make your life that much easier.