Are you in search of the best juicer to buy for yourself and your family? Some processed beverages may be cheap while some are quite expensive, and they may contain additives, too much sugar and other substances that may not be good for one’s health. Organic juices sold in juice bars can be a drain on your finances. The right juicing machine can give you all the nutritious juice you want to drink, and will more than pay for itself over time. To help you choose from among the best juicers available on the market, we gathered information about the ones that have the highest number of positive reviews and ratings. Later on you’ll see which models consumers think are the best according to their juicer reviews.
Juicer Machine Types
There are basically two broad types of juicers: citrus juicers and juice extractors. Citrus juicers are mostly centrifugal juicers that have a motorized reamer onto which you press fruit halves. Some citrus juicer models have a trough surrounding the reamer, which strains the juice for particles as it goes into a container. This type of juicer is usually less expensive than a juice extractor and it gets the job done more quickly. It also has fewer parts than a juice extractor and is easier to clean. If you require nothing more than a quick and fresh glass or two of freshly squeezed citrus to be consumed immediately, then you’ll probably be fine with a citrus juicer.
A juice extractor, also known as an auger or masticating juicer, works better for some people due to several reasons. It extracts more juice than a citrus juicer from leafy and grassy foods such as herbs, spinach, and wheatgrass. It works at slower speeds than a centrifugal juicer, resulting in greater amounts of fiber, vitamins, enzymes and trace minerals in the juice. Some masticating power juicer models are even capable of homogenizing foods to make delicious stuff like fruit sorbets, banana ice cream and nut butter. A few other models can also be used to make rice cakes and to extrude pasta.
Healthy Juicer Machine Buying Guide
There are several things to keep in mind when shopping for a healthy juicing machine. Choosing the right one will give you nutritious and delicious juice drinks that you can prepare easily and conveniently at home.
Determine what kind of juice you’ll mostly be using the juicer for. If you want something versatile enough to process many kinds of fruits and vegetables including wheatgrass, lettuce and spinach, consider getting a power juicer with single or twin blades, or a masticating juicer.
See if the juicer’s valve is large enough to process whole fruits and vegetables. Making juice using a juicer machine with a small valve would probably take longer to do.
Check the revolutions per minute (RPM) or speed of the power juicers you are comparing. Slower machines or those with lower RPMs will produce less heat, resulting in a lower juice oxidation level. This means you can store the juice for a time without compromising its nutritional content. Power juicers with lower RPMs also tend to operate less noisily than higher-RPM models.
Take a look at how the juicer deals with the pulp after the juice is extracted. Some have an automatic pulp-ejection feature or other mechanisms that discourage pulp from clogging the machine.
Consider the space you have available in your kitchen. Some power juicers are compact while others take up more space. One common complaint about masticating juicers is that they take up a lot of space. Some manufacturers have addressed this concern by introducing upright masticating juicer models, which have a smaller footprint than their predecessors.
3 Best Juicers Based on Buyer-Written Reviews & Ratings
There are many juicing machine brands on the market, some of which are the Breville juicer, Champion juicer, Jack Lalanne juicer, and Omega juicer. One of the best ways to find out more about them before forking over your money for one is to read reviews written by consumers who have purchased them. Our research shows that the following juicer machines are some of the most highly-rated in their category by consumers and among the most widely praised in user reviews.
1. Breville BJE200XL 700-Watt Compact Juice Fountain
This Breville juicer enjoys hundreds of five-star and four-star reviews from people who have purchased it. It works very quickly with its Cyclonic Juicing System, which features a stabilizing two-knife assembly and a 700-watt motor operating at 14,000 RPM. You can juice whole fruits and vegetables in the machine — even an unpeeled pineapple — because of the machine’s centered feed tube. It has an easy-to-clean central pulp receptacle that can process 1.5 quarts before needing to be emptied. The unit’s removable components can be cleaned in the dishwasher or by hand. Here are some of the other things that owners have said about this Breville power juicer.
– It works efficiently, giving you a little more than half the total weight of whatever it is you’re juicing.
– It’s very easy to clean.
– Only a minimal amount of preparation work such as cutting, peeling and chopping needs to be done.
– It’s well made and durable.
– It’s easy to set up right out of the box.
– A cleaning brush is included to assist with cleaning.
– It’s lightweight and convenient to transport.
– It tends to be a bit messy with lighter-weight vegetables and fruits such as watermelons.
– Some say the powerful motor creates too much foam in the juice.
2. Hamilton Beach 67650 Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor
This centrifugal juicer from Hamilton Beach is also a hit among a large number of consumers. It has a 1.1-horsepower motor, which is much more powerful than the motors of more expensive models. It can process both hard and soft fruits and leafy vegetables, and its wide feed chute can accommodate whole produce to make juicing faster. The juice that’s extracted is transferred automatically to the included juice cup. The lid is secured in place by die-cast metal locks. A pulp bin collects the ejected pulp for easy disposal. A cleaning brush and a stainless-steel micro-mesh strainer basket are included in the package.
– It’s inexpensive.
– It’s dishwasher-safe and can also be cleaned quickly by hand.
– It provides very good quantities of juice.
– It’s easy to assemble right out of the box.
– It stays on the countertop and doesn’t vibrate all over the place while in operation.
– The construction quality is good.
– The large opening for fruits and vegetables reduces preparation time since you don’t need to slice them into small pieces before feeding them into the juicer.
– It leaves plenty of soft and mushy pulp from soft fruit.
– Some users said they wished the juice cup was bigger.
3. Omega J8005 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer
Masticating juicers like this Omega appliance are more expensive than centrifugal juicers such as the ones described above. However, for many consumers the investment is worth every penny. It’s more than just a juicer; it’s also a pasta extruder, a baby food processor, a grinder, and a homogenizer. It has a 1/3-horsepower single-phase induction motor and a low speed of 80 RPMs, making it capable of extracting more juice from leafy green vegetables. It can also be used as a wheatgrass juicer. An integrated reverse mode prevents clogging and the automatic pulp-ejection mechanism facilitates continuous juicing. A 10-year warranty is provided for this juicer.
– It’s very durable; one user reported that his Omega juicer remained problem-free even after almost five years of frequent use.
– It operates much more quietly than centrifugal models.
– It’s easy to clean since it doesn’t produce finely-crushed pulp.
– It is light and relatively small for a masticating juicer.
– The juice comes out with very little pulp, similar to juices sold in juice bars at health food stores.
– Many buyers say clean up is simple and easy (although some others disagree).
– The fittings seem to be of high quality and fit securely.
– It effectively juices wheatgrass, parsley, and spinach.
– Some consumers don’t like having to cut their fruits or vegetables before using the juicer, though this isn’t a problem for others.
– The plastic catch containers for the juice and the pulp will stain over time.
Whether you’re someone looking for a juicer to replace an older model or someone who’s planning to buy a juicer for the first time, you’d do well to check out the products above and the corresponding reviews for them. One of them might just be the best juicer for your requirements.