The health and fitness industry is one of the few industries that seem to be largely resistant to the recessions that many countries around the world are experiencing at the moment. In fact, there are new products and services appearing every single day that boast of being able to help people to lose inches from various parts of their anatomy. However, many will argue that the tried and tested methods are still the best, and that includes the waist trimmer belt.
All About the Waist Trimmer Belt
So what exactly are waist trimmer belts? Well, they are literally belts that are placed around the waist for any number of reasons. The main one is, of course, to promote weight loss but you may be more familiar with them because they are what weight lifters and other heavy duty gym goers actually wear to support the back and waist muscles. They also ensure that as much body heat is retained as possible so as to prevent damage to the muscles. As such, there are numerous designs of belt and numerous manufacturers out there offering these products, with many boasting a wide range of features and benefits.
Who can Use a Waist Slimming Belt?
Adults can use a waist trimmer belt. Given their uses, it is highly advisable not to let children use them but, regardless of age and build, anyone over the age of 18 can wear one. As they are designed to offer support, they will not strain those already suffering with their backs, ribs or even their hips so these are ideal for seniors as well as younger adults. However, it is worth bearing in mind that all instructions that come with the individual belts must be followed as wearing one around the clock may actually harm your body rather than help it. Whether you are looking to lose weight, looking for a product to provide a little extra support for your back muscles or indeed looking to wear one of the many waist trimmers out there for medicinal reasons, there are plenty to choose from.
The Top Three Waist Trimmer Belt Options
According to the many waist trimmer belt reviews out there, there are numerous belts worth looking into before you finally invest in one. However, after reviewing numerous opinions on a variety of websites, the following three stand out as the best buys out there:
1). Danskin Waist Trimmer Belt
The Danskin Waist Trimmer Belt is one of those many articles give credit for answering the question as to do waist trimmers work with an affirmative. The high quality neoprene waist trimmer belt has a whole range of positives attached to them, namely the following points:
- It really does have the impact desired for weight loss, optimising the use of body heat to reduce the tummy and waist from day one, although you will need to use it really regularly to notice the difference.
- It offers excellent support for the back, which not only prevents injury when exercising but also promotes better posture too.
- It is non-slip and will stay in place no matter how much you exercise because it fastens with Velcro.
Of course, there are cons of the Danskin waist slimming belt too:
- It will only fit up to a size 16 so if you are larger then you will need another solution before you can use this. It is also very feminine (it is pink) so men will not look to use it.
- The waist slimming belt is straight up and down, meaning that it has no fitted waist. This can of course mean that it does not fit every woman who wants to use it perfectly. However, the use of Velcro does negate the problem somewhat.
2). McDavid Waist Trimmer
The McDavid Waist Trimmer has received glowing waist trimmer belt reviews from people all over the world and has quickly scaled the “bestsellers” lists on various health related as well as general retail sites on the Internet. When you look at the pros and cons it is no wonder:
- The belt is made of 100% neoprene, which is latex free so it will not cause any problems with allergies, which is a problem in many of the options available at the moment.
- The belt itself is contoured to make sure that it offers the best fit possible. In addition, it cushions and supports the back and abdominal muscles whilst promoting weight loss. All in all, it is optimally designed for purpose.
- It fits waists that are up to 50”. This makes it one of the best belts available to suit the wealth of people looking for one. Many do not fit this large a waist.
There are very few complaints about the McDavid Waist Trimmer and those that are present in reviews fall into one specific category – skin problems. Some people have complained of dermatitis or allergies to neoprene. However, it should be noted that McDavid does advise against using the belt if any skin problems, and specifically dermatitis, are present though.
3). Gold’s Gym Waist Trimmer Belt
Gold’s Gym is a well known brand and is heavily associated with fitness equipment so you may want to consider this waist slimming belt for helping you to lose weight. It has numerous pros associated with it, including but not limited to the following:
- The Gold’s Gym Waist Trimmer Belt is fully adjustable and fits people with waists of up to 50”. Again, this is larger than many of the other options out there so you can be sure that it will offer even larger individuals a weight loss solution.
- It is made of soft rubber and foam material rather than neoprene so if you are allergic to that or your skin reacts to it then it provides another option for you.
- It provides excellent support and has been reported to enhance the workout you have done in specific relation to your abs, meaning that it will enhance all of the impact that your workout will have on your body.
There are a few niggles associated with this Gold’s Gym Waist Trimmer Belt too:
- It is not as good as the neoprene belts out there so if you do not have an allergy or are used to a neoprene belt then the likelihood is it will take some getting used to.
- The Velcro is attached to the entire circumference of the waist, meaning that it can be difficult to adjust it to the point at which it offers a perfect fit.
Of course, it is completely up to you to decide which is the best one for you so take a look at those available online at Amazon and then you will be able to make an informed decision.