With so many weight loss tools available online and in stores today, it is difficult to know which ones to invest in. Many offer faddy benefits and arguments as to why they are the best weight loss products ever. However, many do not offer credible arguments as to why they work. This is why sticking to the tried, tested and highly recommended body fat analyzer may be far better for you than investing in unproven miracle weight loss stuff ever will.
What is a Body Fat Analyzer?
A body fat analyzer is essentially a machine or tool that can be used to assess and determine any individual’s body fat level or percentage. Although body fat should not really be used to assess fitness level, it can be used to determine just how well an individual is doing on a chosen diet or in their quest for weight loss. It does not take height or weight into account, which is why it is a better system to use than body mass index (BMI). Everyone should have a certain level of body fat and anything over this amount can be lost to achieve health.
However, the body fat monitor comes in various forms so there are plenty to choose from and the range may well confuse you. Some are digital, others are in bathroom scales and then there are those with tape measures. Confused? Yes, most people are so read on to find out more and which fat analyzer options are the best.
How To Use of a Body Fat Analyzer
First of all, you will need to use a body fat analyzer that you feel comfortable with so if you feel capable of calculating your own body fat using a tape measure then that is fine. If not then there are machines to do it for you. Obviously, the former is much cheaper an option than the latter, but either way you will need to know what body fat percentages to aim for. For example, essential fats are 10-13% for women and 2-5% for men, athletes have 14-20% and 6-13% respectively, with fitness levels expected to be 21-25% for women and 14-17% for men. The average level is 25-31% for women and 18-24% for men, but anything over 32% and 25% respectively is considered to be obese. Now you know this and what to aim for, you just have to choose the body fat monitor for you.
The Best Rated and Reviews Body Fat Monitors – The Top 3
Each of the following body fat monitors are highly rated on Amazon and a whole host of different sites. Notably, they are all very different in form and in terms of how they are used so read up and decide which one suits you best. All can be purchased at Amazon so you can then have them delivered to your door but be sure to choose the right one for your own personal wants and needs.
1). Omron HBF-306C Fat Loss Monitor
Widely considered to be the best body fat monitor available, the Ormron fat loss monitor has received more than 300 reviews on Amazon alone. It is a hand held body fat monitor that has two handles to grip. When you have gripped them, it will send a gentle micro electric current through your hands and measure your body fat. It has the following pros:
- The Ormron fat loss monitor measures body fat and BMI so you can follow one or the other to suit you, with your measurements being stores in the monitor so you can see your progress.
- It is suitable for people from 3’4” to 6’6” ad between the weights of 23lb and 440lb so it is suitable for almost everyone.
- It is very easy to use and very affordable so you can rest assured that it is worth the money you pay for it.
However, some reviews do offer the following cons for the hand held body fat monitor:
- Some complain that the results given are not consistent so that it is difficult to use, although others point out that a firm but consistent grip and using it exactly the same way every time negates this point.
- It can take a while to get going because it asks for lots of information.
If you decide to invest in this then reading these reviews is a must to avoid the user errors that have been drawn attention to.
2). Accu-Measure Fitness 3000 Personal Body Fat Tester
Another hand held body fat monitor, this is completely different to the Ormron one mentioned above. It is actually a set of callipers that are used with charts to determine your body fat level. It has the following pros according to reviews:
- It is endorsed by the World Natural Bodybuilding Foundation so it definitely has authority behind the product that would give you peace of mind.
- It is actually pretty easy to take a reading so you know that there is no room for machine error, although you do have to follow the instructions to make sure that do it correctly.
- The charts are very easy to use and the whole process is incredibly quick so you need not take reading after reading or indeed spend an hour doing so.
There are some cons with this analyzer, although the main one seems to be that it can take quite a lot of practice to get correct and consistent readings. As such, if you have time to practice for a while before going for it then, given the unbelievably low price, it may well be worth investing in.
Escali High-Capacity Bathroom Scale with Body Fat/Body Water Monitoring
Affordable and easy to use the Escali bathroom scales offer exactly what the name suggests – bathroom scales that can measure body fat levels. As with the two different analyzers assessed above, there are significant pros attached to this product according to reviews:
- It can take weights of up to 440lb and has 0.2lb increments so you get a highly accurate picture of what is going on with you. The readings are therefore high quality and can be trusted.
- The display is very easy to use so there are no issues with inaccuracies in that respect, especially as it can store measurements for up to 10 users.
- It makes quick calculations so there is no need to wait around for several minutes to come up with a reading. As such, it is perfect for people on the go.
There are also several cons, but they all seem to relate to how quickly it eats batteries. This hampers the usefulness of the fat analyzer because it may suddenly decide not to work. Providing that you have spares at the ready though, this should not pose a problem.