There are very few beauty products that most people cannot live without but one of those on at the top of the list always seems to be some sort of body lotion. Dry skin is a real issue for most people after they have had a shower and particularly in the winter when the body’s largest organ rarely sees the sun. However, there are plenty of products out there that will work wonders for your skin, from those that are consumer recommended to those that are advertised as being specially formulated or something similar. As such, you may need a hand in deciding which is the best body lotion for you. If this is the case then you have come to the right place.
What is Body Lotion?
Body lotion is literally what the name suggests – a lotion that you liberally slather all over your body. Most people tend to apply it after a bath or shower to replace any moisture lost, prevent aging and provide lovely silky smooth skin. It has been around for quite some time now but has seemed to experience a major surge in popularity in recent years as a direct result of the boost in business that the health and beauty industry has enjoyed. More people than ever are concerned about the way they look and feel so they invest in such products, and with good reason when you see just how effective some of them are.
How to choose the best body lotion for you?
The best lotion for you may not be the best for someone else so it is up to you to put in a little work to find out exactly what it is you are looking for. You can find natural body lotion or organic body lotion if you are looking to avoid the chemicals that can be found in most body lotions today. They certainly offer an alternative for those with sensitive skin or who specifically want organic ingredients for ethical or environmental reasons. Alternatively you can use a body drench lotion or moisturizing body lotion for extra moisture or a firming body lotion to help halt the cruelness of aging. You could even get a shimmer body lotion to provide your skin with a different tone or a beautiful shimmer for a night out. It is completely up to you but be warned – there are plenty to choose from.
The Top Three Best Body Lotions we have found that have the best ratings and are the top sellers in this market.
Finding a good lotion for you is difficult and takes time because it is necessary to look at the reviews to see which ones are perfect for you. However, we have saved you a bit of that time by looking at body lotion reviews and compiling the results right here. The three chosen as the best based on consumer opinions can be found below:
Olay Quench In-Shower Body Lotion
This 15.2oz bottle contains one of the best body lotions according to consumers all over the world. Unique as a result of the in shower use, this body drench lotion is ideal for dry or extra dry skin and helps to boost dull skin as well as dry and flaky skin immensely. It also locks moisture into the skin so you can rest assured that the effect will last for quite some time. Of course, these are far from the only pros. The following are also highlighted by satisfied customers:
- It does not irritate skin at all so it is ideal for those with sensitive skin or problems that would otherwise put them off using any body lotion. It can also be used over an extended period of time without causing itching
- It is the best body lotion because it is not greasy at all and soaks into the skin quickly. There is no residue to worry about and no hassle. As it can be applied in the shower, it is also highly convenient.
- You do not need to use loads of the stuff for it to have an impact. This body drench lotion can be used in small amounts and yet still have an amazing effect on the skin.
The only con that should be mentioned about this product, in fact that only negative mentioned at all, is the price. It is a little on the expensive side but with good reason when you see the positives.
Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion
This 18oz natural body lotion comes in a pump form for ease of use and has received rave reviews on the Internet. Cheaper than the above option, it is designed to help repair and prevent chapped and cracked skin and prevent it drying out during the winter months.
Giving the skin the power to repair and replenish itself, it has numerous pros, including the following:
- As a moisturizing body lotion, it makes skin radiant during the winter, ensuring that the cold does not leach moisture from it and that it retains natural moisture that bit better.
- It is formulated by dermatologists and so is better than most other body lotions out there. It is also recommended by skin specialists (and not just on the TV or in print ads according to the reviews).
- The moisturizing body lotion is easy to apply, soaks in quickly and leaves no residue so your skin will just feel soft rather than greasy.
There are two cons mentioned in the reviews too though:
- It can make sensitive skin a little itchy and that will get worse with continued use. If you do start to itch with this lotion, which is very rare anyway according to reviews, simply stop using it.
- Some have reported that it does not help skin heal as per the claims, although many other reviews counter this.
With this in mind, you may want to read some of the reviews more in depth before making up your mind.
- It is recommended by dermatologists in the case of many reviews and has a dramatic impact on skin, improving it from day one and encouraging it to retain moisture no matter what the climate is like and regardless of how dry your skin is.
- It can be used on the face and the body so it offers improved moisture levels for your entire skin surface area.
- It makes skin soft and smooth and is easy to apply. It is absorbed quickly, spreads evenly and leaves no residue or greasiness behind. It also quenches dry skin within minutes.
Aside from the price, there is only one individual con alluded to in any of the reviews and that is that it may leave a gritty feeling behind. This is only a problem if you apply too much apparently so it is avoidable.
All of the above lotions can be found at Amazon and delivered direct to your door. However, there are plenty of others available online and many of them have reviews on there so take your time, browse a little and decide upon the body lotion for you.