No element of men’s personal hygiene is more important to masculinity and appearance alike as shaving...
For hundreds of years, new methods of shaving have been introduced to make it quicker, easier and better. However, the latest batch of electric shavers for men take the biscuit. With a whole host of new technology, choosing the best electric shaver for you is nearly impossible unless you know exactly what you are looking for.
Looking for an Electric Shaver
So what is the best mens electric shaver? Well, that all depends on what you want. They are all hand held devices with blades that purport to shave closer and do more to aid your comfort. They all charge via single units and can be used cordlessly. However, it is the technology that sets them apart. Brands like Philips, Braun and Panasonic have all come up with various technology to cut hairs closer to the jaw, to pick up the smaller hairs as well as the longer ones and to take care of the contours of the neck and jaw as well as the smooth plains of the face.
The Top Three Electric Shavers
However, all this technology has not really eliminated some of the problems that are associated with electric shavers but that nobody wants. For example, some still pull hair and irritate skin. As such, you have to be savvy and choose one of those that is best for you. There are ways and means of doing this but the best is to check out the reviews and ratings.
We have done that for you here so you can relax and enjoy your search for the perfect razor.
Panasonic ES8249S Arc IV Nanotech Vortex Wet/Dry Rechargeable Shaver
The Panasonic ES8249S is one of the more expensive men's shavers on the market today but it is also one of the most highly rated in terms of the actual number of reviews as well as the positive nature of them. On Amazon alone, at the time of writing, there were 242 reviews, the vast majority of which were positive. It features enhanced technology, such as 4 “Nanotech” blades for a larger cutting surface as well as a closer shave, but it can also offer the following:
- This electric shaver features a self clean facility, which means that it is able to stay functional for longer and actually ensure that it cuts closer for longer too. As such, it offers incredible value for money.
- It is one of the best shavers for men because it offers several methods of pivoting and rocking, so it can mold to the contours of your face and offer a closer but more comfortable shave.
- It is very quiet so you can have a shave without worrying about waking everyone up or giving yourself a headache.
There are a couple of cons but nothing major. The main one is the fact that you have to change the cleaning cartridges regularly to prevent mold growing, although this means that it is hygienic! Also, it is not so good with beards as it is with the clean shaven.
Braun Series 7-790cc Pulsonic Shaver System
Braun electric shavers are well known for their ability to give a close shave as well as their reliability. Very expensive but the subject of rave reviews, this option of the Braun shaver has pulsonic technology with 10,000 vibrations to help pick up even the smallest of hairs. It has the following pros:
- The Braun Series 7-790cc pulsonic shaver system is fully flexible so that it can adapt to the contours of your face and give you the closest shave possible.
- It actively lifts up the hairs to make it as painless as possible too. You do not have to worry about how much it will hurt or what it will do to sensitive skin.
- It gives a fantastic dry shave as well as an excellent wet one so you can relax and enjoy your shaver, safe in the knowledge that it can give you the shave you want no matter what.
As far as cons go, some men have reported that, like some other Braun shavers, it does take a little time to achieve a really close shave if you have thick stubble or it is particularly coarse. Others have said that it is not as good as other Braun models. However, if you follow the instructions and take care of this one then is no reason why it cannot be as good.
Philips Norelco 1280X/42 SensoTouch 3D Electric Shaver
The Philips Norelco 1280X/42 SensoTouch 3D Electric Shaver is another expensive option but one that has gathered a bit of a following on social networking sites. It features three dimensional contouring and allows you to combine channels to get hairs of all lengths and not just the longer ones. It has also received very high electric shavers ratings so take a look at the pros:
- It doesn’t seem to cause as much irritation as many of the other razors out there does so you can enjoy having a smooth face with very little pain.
- It is very easy to hold and moving it around the face and will move easily around the nose, chin, jaw line and neck so you can have a close shave wherever you want.
- There are very few hairs missed first time around as a result of the system used here. Short hairs and long hairs alike are often pulled out quickly and easily so you get the shave you need without having to spend an hour getting it.
There are cons associated with this option, as with all mens shavers. However, they are few and far between. One or two people have complained that it does not last long but these reviews are very rare so it should not be a widespread problem that you risk facing. That is literally it!
All of the above best electric shaver options can be found on Amazon with plenty of reviews to their pages so read an electric shaver review or a few and make your own decision.
If you are interested to buy the Philips shaver.
Click here for more info on Amazon's website.Philips Norelco 1280X/42 SensoTouch 3D Electric Shaver